Fri, 13 Jan|
Kayak & Surfing – Camping leader!
ADVENTUROUS LEARNING AT MULK! Join us in the outdoor learning exercise on leadership needs: Kayak amidst the mangroves and learn to surf in the ocean whilst enjoying all the beauty that Mulki has to offer. The weekend is packed with unlimited learning fun and adventure.
Time & Location
13 Jan, 9:00 pm – 16 Jan, 7:00 am
Kilpady, Mulki, Kilpady, Karnataka, India
About the event
Get Picked up from Bangalore starting at 9:15 PM from the following pick-up points
a. CoRE Centre for leadership: 8:45 PM
b. Team Parikrama: 9:15 PM
c. Goraguntepalya Metro station: 9:30 PM
Bid bye to Bangalore for a while
DAY 1: Saturday
- Arrive at the campsite,
- Freshen up to start the 1st surf session.
- Light breakfast (cookies+tea/coffee+banana)
• Head to the beach
• Surfing instructions + training, learn from the community leaders
• Surf session for 2hrs including briefing time(each person) pick up your leadership skills as you learn to master the art
11 AM - 12:30 AM
• Back to the campsite from the beach
• Brunch: Rice, Daal, Veg Curry, Pickles, & Papad
• Refresh and relax on hammocks by the backwaters
12:30 PM onwards take a rest or use the facility at the campsite can use other facilities on campus such as the trampoline, slackline, hammocks, etc!
4:00 PM - 6:30 PM: Go sunset kayaking
7:30 PM - 8:30 PM: Campfire and snacks (peanut masala) Pick up stories of courage from our camping leaders
8:30 PM - 9:30 PM Dinner (rice, roti, dal, mutter paneer, pickle)
10 PM: Lights out
DAY 2: Sunday
6 AM - 6:30 AM: Freshen up and get ready to kayak, be inspired by natural wonders as great leaders do.
7 AM - 9:00 AM: Kayaking in the mangroves, display leadership in the lap of nature
• Breakfast (Lemon rice, chutney, banana, tea, coffee)
Learn about Leadership Skill Focused on NEEDS, Innovative, and practicals from our Leadership instructors.
Checkout from the campsite
Head out to explore Kapu Light House & Kapu Beach, Be inspired as you script your adventure.
Head to Mangalore
Have a self-sponsored Dinner at the very famous Machili Restaurant followed by ice cream at Pabbas. A tale of inspiring entrepreneurs to inspire you as you head back with memories.
Overnight Journey toward Banglaore:
ETA: Back to Bangalore by 7:30 AM
Drop points will be the same as pickup points.
Note: We have a cafeteria on campus where you can treat yourself to some fresh juices, sandwiches, maggie, ice cream, and more! (excl. charges)
Duration of each water activity
Kayaking - 4hrs (each person)
Surfing - 2 hrs (each person)
What will you learn/experience during your time here?
• Leadership session focused on need -Enlightened leaders recognize that each individual is different from others and has a choice that is unique in a shared environment. Need that drives an individual, physiological needs, and other needs such as the need to engage social need and belong to something (affiliation), we need to explore and learn these need as we grow to be a leader, and the need to have an understood individuals choice (self-assertion). There is a need to be met by creating an environment where there is a win-win situation between people’s personal needs and organizational goals.
A leader needs to recognize the sense of self-determination when they have a voice in what they do, where they go, and when they believe that their actions make a difference. Individuals need a feeling of community, trust, love, and respect where there is space for enjoyment, work with imagination, innovation, and creativity encouraged that make a difference in life.
- What does this mean for you as a leader?
- How can you create an organization that meets the needs of people?
• Kayaking - You will learn to paddle, and kayak, all on your own and be able to understand the basic dynamics of kayaking! And as you kayak through the mangroves to the beach, you will be able to witness the rich flora and fauna that are hidden in the backwaters.
• Surfing - You will learn the basics about a surfboard, how to balance on your board and the basic steps to pop up on board while surfing with the help of your surf instructor. You will be able to experience the intensity and joy of catching the waves.
With the foundation, you receive here and a consistent practice after, you'll be able to surf waves soon!
Cost of the Activity: 5,350 INR only/- (Inclusive of applicable taxes) - the Registration Confirmation through payment - Via: Bank Transfer, Google Pay/ Phone Pay.
Note: Team Parikrama is CoRE's Outdoor Adventure Partner and payments shall be paid to:
Bank Details: Name: Team Parikrama
A/C No: 06951010001762
IFS Code: CNRB0010695
Branch Name: Canara Bank, Amarjothi Nagar.
- Experience Leadership Skill Focused on NEEDS
- 1 Surf session(2 hours )
- 2 Kayak sessions (3 hours each)
- 1 Night tent stay
- 2 Breakfast + 2 lunch + 1 dinner
- Surf Board rental
- Beach transfer from our starting point
- Instructor fees
- Accommodation in Tents/Rooms on a 2/3 sharing basis.
- One can upgrade to a Homestay dorm (On availability) at an additional cost of 500/per person.
- Basic Veg food only
- Breakfast, Lunch
- Dinner on 1 Day
- Experience Leadership Skill Focused on NEEDS
- 2 Kayak Sessions
- 1 Surfing Session
Other facilities on the campus
- Balance board
- Non-A/C Transport from Bangalore to Bangalore. Depending on the number of participants.
- We require a minimum of 10 members to confirm the event
- In case we fail to obtain the required minimum, a full refund or the option to transfer to any other event will be provided. (Option of transfer shall be subject to payment/refund of the balance amount if any)
Things To Carry
- A Cheerful Smile
- Sturdy and waterproof backpack (It will be advised that you pack light)
- Water bottles (at least 2 liters of water)
- Fresh clothes for 3 days (Nylon clothes, shorts and a t-shirt for watersports activities)
- Extra set of clothes
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Toiletries (Shampoo, towel, toothpaste, tissue paper, etc.)
- Energy Food ( Chocolate bars)
- Personal medication (if any)
- Allergy medication (if any)
- Mosquito repellent cream
- A torch (in case of emergency)
- While we try to create luxury - Travel is a pleasure on the trip. The locations that we host are remote places and we do our best to arrange the basic facilities. The goal is to be outdoors.
- The Food that shall be provided will be Basic Veg/Non-Veg Food.
- Make use of bin - Put Litter in its place, do not trash your travel.
- Team Parikrama shall not be responsible for any of your belongings, valuables, jewelry, etc. Kindly take care.
- In the case of traffic delays or breakdowns, expect a little delay in reaching the destination.
- Since our activities are conducted near and around water, alcohol, and drugs are strictly prohibited during the trip/camping for everyone's safety. If anyone is found violating the rules, we will have to ask them to leave our property immediately.
You can transfer your tickets to your friends for all the above choices. We would be more than happy to have them on board and you could save your hard-earned money. Standard Cancellation charges are applicable.
1. Should we know swimming to learn surfing?
Not necessary, but it helps. We mostly surf in the shallow water which is around 4ft deep. So swimming is not mandatory.
We Look forward to your participation.
With a Love for Adventurous Learning,
CoRE Centre for Leadership
Kayak & Surf Leadership Camp!₹5,350.00